Distance: 24,6 km
Total elevation gain: 600 m
Estimated time: 3 - 4 h
PSingletrack percentage: 56 %
Starting points: Lecina (track), Paúles de Sarsa.
Route type: Loop trail
Physical difficulty: Medium
Technical difficulty: High
Water sources: Lecina, Fuente Laspuña, Betorz, Santa María de la Nuez, Almazorre.
Recommended season: All year round.
One of the best enduro routes of the adjacent Zona Zero MTB center, located in one of the most beautiful areas in the Sierra de Guara, the Vero river valley.
This itinerary is suitable for enduro begginers as there aren’t too complicated sections, although its 14 km of rocky singletracks will satisfy the most experienced rider. Natural enviroment is amazing all the way through, with nice panoramic views of the snowy Pyrenees and gorgeous walled paths through oak forests. There are also some stunning villages in the itinerary, standing out Betorz, Almazorre and over all Lecina with its millenary holm oak, an essential visit after cycling.
A spectacular route in every respect: cyclism, enviroment and heritage.
Carretera de Lecina Lecina (Huesca)974 318 386
689 488 240
C/ La Iglesia N 1 Latorrecilla (Huesca)974 502 308
650 965 896
Casa El Condor
C/ Mayor 2 Paúles de Sarsa (Huesca)974 343 095
618 828 587
- Lecina and its milenary holm oak.
- Laspuña fountain and oak forests.
- Betorz and its old sink-fountain.
- Panoramic views of the Pyrenees.
- Santa María de la Nuez church.
- Balanzas’ dolmen.
- Almazorre, Romanesque church and old mill.
- Vero river canyon.
- Route with high sun exposure, avoid hottest summer days.
- Vero river must be crossed by the Almazorre mill, so feet are likely to get wet. It’s not a bad idea to bring an extra pair of dry socks.
- Zona Zero’s route perfectly posted with number 16.
Variant: In opposite direction, the route has a bit more pushing the bike but instead there’s an awesome descent from Betorz to Lecina. The track is slightly different to skip some tough singletrack climbs.