Distance: 55,5 km
Total elevation gain: 1140 m
Estimated time: 5 - 7 h
PSingletrack percentage: 9 %
Starting points: Mesón Nuevo (track), Nocito.
Route type: Loop trail
Physical difficulty: Very high
Technical difficulty: Medium
Water sources: Nocito, Belsué.
Recommended season: All year round.
Bonés and Belarra mountain ranges make up the northern limit of Guara territory and are an excepcional panoramic view point of all the Aragonese Pyrenees and their valleys.
This route allows to visit the ridges of those mountain ranges by dirt roads, from Bonés meadows to Ibirque dolmen passing by the well-known Monrepós pass and the lovely uninhabited village of Ibirque. Always with the Pyrenees as a perfect background. From Collado de Baíl the track returns by a quiet and pleasant local road through Nocito valley and Pardina de Orlato with amazing views of Tozal de Guara northface. In Lúsera it takes an excelent singletrack to the Belsué dam and from there towards Belsué. The route finishes with a tough ascent by dirt road to Mesón Nuevo.
Hotel Pedro I de Aragón
Calle del Parque, 34. Huesca (Huesca)974 220 300
690 679 915
- Sierra de Bonés.
- Sierra de Belarra.
- Panoramic views of the Pyrenees and Sierra de Guara.
- Ibirque dolmen and abandoned village.
- Nocito and Belsué valleys.
- Long-distance marathon route where good physical condition is required. The route can also be covered in two convenient stages if travelling with panniers.
- It’s essential to carry enough water as there are no fountains in the track (Nocito is the nearest).
- In rainy season, mud may be annoying in the dirt roads at the top of the mountains.