Distance: 34,6 km
Total elevation gain: 850 m
Estimated time: 4 h
PSingletrack percentage: 4 %
Starting points: Bierge (track), Las Almunias de Rodellar.
Route type: Loop trail
Physical difficulty: Medium
Technical difficulty: High
Water sources: Bierge, Las Almunias, Morrano.
Recommended season: All year round.
Peonera ravine in the Alcanadre river is one of the legendary canyons of the Sierra de Guara.
This itinerary goes around the canyon departing from Bierge resulting in a circular route, tough but rewarding with excellent panoramic views of Sierra de Guara, Sierra de Balcés and the Peonera and Balced canyons. The bulk of it goes through dirt roads in good condition, although between Pedruel and Morrano we’ll find very steep slopes, upwards and downwards, where good technical skills are required.
A short but intense singletrack section arriving to Las Almunias is another incentive to this already comprehensive route, recommended to experienced cyclists.
Albergue Las Almunias
Calle Baja, s/n Las Almunias de Rodellar (Huesca)974318602
Cia Guías de Bierge
A1230- Carretera de Bierge - Alberuela, Km 0,3 Bierge (Huesca)609 412 522
Camping El Puente
Carretera BIERGE, S/N Rodellar (Huesca)974 318 312
626 841 753
Aparta-Hotel Valle de Rodellar
Carretera Bierge S/N Rodellar (Huesca)974 318 637
625 593 675
Apartamentos Las Abuelas de Sevil
C/ Cruz del Hospital s/n Adahuesca (Huesca) 974 318 328
Hotel Casa Tejedor
C/ Alta, s/n Las Almunias de Rodellar (Huesca) 9743186886
- Balced Sierra and Canyon.
- Olive and almond tree fields.
- Panoramic views of Guara and Peonera canyon.
- From Las Almunias Pass to Las Almunias there’s a rocky but not-too-difficult singletrack, a good introduction to the enduro routes of the area .
- The gravel road descending to Morrano and Huertos de Juan is extremely steep and with loose rocks, so it’s better to do it slowly or even walking in some sections. The same applies for some climb sections coming from Pedruel.
- In rainy season is better to skip the dirt road from Morrano towards San Román, heading by the paved road to Bierge.
- GPS tracking route.
- From the surroundings of Bierge to the junction with Rodellar road HU-341, the track follows the marked route “Campos de Bierge”.
- After topping off Barranco Fondo by paved road and passing by Balced View Point by dirt road, the Camino Natural del Somontano must be followed towards Las Almunias. From there the same marked route continues till Morrano surroundings. Last kilometres of the route are not signposted.