Distance: 71,3 km
Total elevation gain: 2400 m
Estimated time: 8 - 10 h
PSingletrack percentage: 30 %
Starting points: Panzano (track), Nocito.
Route type: Loop trail
Physical difficulty: Very high
Technical difficulty: Very high
Water sources: Panzano, Nocito, Bentué de Nocito, Used.
Recommended season: Spring, Summer, Autum.
This epic route goes around the Tozal de Guara with a high percentage of rocky singletracks.
Departing from Panzano the track goes by gravel roads and singletracks till Calcón dam and later till Vadiello dam, where a long ascent by dirt road starts towards Cuello Baíl. Then a nice track goes down to Mesón de Sescún and later to Nocito by a long trail. After climbing up to San Úrbez monastery the GR-1 path will take us to Used, where another strenuous dirt road climbs up to Collado de Vallemona, the highest point of the route. The descent to Panzano has two sections: the first one is very rocky and difficult, the second is cleaner, faster and more enjoyable.
In short, a gorgeous and challenging route with a real adventure feeling in the amazing landscapes of Sierra de Guara.
Camping Cañones de Guara y Formiga
Ctra A-1227 km 22 Panzano (Huesca)974 343 035
Placeta Alta nº2 Arbaniés (Huesca)974 262 343
66 9733 008
Posada Abadía de Sietamo
C/ Alta, 10. Sietamo (Huesca)974 260 805
626 033 466
- Tozal de Guara.
- Calcón and Vadiello lakes.
- San Cosme y San Damián hermitage and cliffs.
- Mallos de Ligüerri.
- Cuello Baíl.
- Gabardiella and Fragineto peaks.
- Mesón de Sescún.
- San Úrbez Monastery .
- Bentué de Nocito.
- Fenales de Guara.
- Llanos de Cupierlo.
- Vallemona Pass.
- Formiga canyon.
- It’s an extremely demanding route, so it’s better to start very early in the morning and to avoid hottest summer days.
- Singletracks are rocky and quite tricky, tubeless and strong tyres are recommended. It’s also important to stay focused not to fall.
- No water sources from Panzano to Nocito neither from Used to Panzano. It’s important to fill the water bottles there.
- Don’t forget to bring enough food for the whole day. Nocito is the only place with some services during the route.
- The singletrack from Vallemona to Arraro is very rocky and loose. Don’t let go cause you’ll crash quick, remember that the second part is faster and funnier.