Distance: 46,7 km
Total elevation gain: 580 m
Estimated time: 4 - 5 h
PSingletrack percentage: 0 %
Starting points: Labata (track), Casbas de Huesca, Sieso de Huesca, Panzano.
Route type: Loop trail
Physical difficulty: Medium
Technical difficulty: Low
Water sources: Labata, Casbas de Huesca, Junzano, Angüés, Sieso de Huesca.
Recommended season: All year round.
The Valley of the Glory is located at the Sierra de Guara’s foothills.
It’s name comes from the Cistercian monastery of Our Lady of Glory, founded in 1173 in the village of Casbas de Huesca. This route starts in Labata and tours the villages of the valley passing by five hermitages, standing out of them the amazing San Miguel de Foces. It’s a low-difficulty circular track with small elevation gain but quite long distance, so a good physical condition is required. There is also a possibility of shortening the route by skipping one of the loops. The track is shared with the cyclotourist event Valle de la Gloria, taking place since 2012 with successful public assistance.
Highly advisable route for mountain bikers who like to ride on the (almost) flat.
Camping Cañones de Guara y Formiga
Ctra A-1227 km 22 Panzano (Huesca)974 343 035
Placeta Alta nº2 Arbaniés (Huesca)974 262 343
66 9733 008
Posada Abadía de Sietamo
C/ Alta, 10. Sietamo (Huesca)974 260 805
626 033 466
- San José hermitage.
- Formiga canyon.
- Casbas de Huesca Monastery.
- Bascués Romanesque chapel.
- Sieso de Huesca.
- San Miguel de Foces Gothic church.
- Technically speaking it’s an easy itinerary but due to the distance covered it requires some physical condition.
- There aren’t many shades in the route, so it’s advisable to carry enough water and to avoid pedalling at midday in summer.
- The track is marked as local route number 1 Valle de la Gloria but some of the posts may be damaged, so it’s advisable to bring a GPS device just in case.