Distance: 32,4 km
Total elevation gain: 1030 m
Estimated time: 5 h
PSingletrack percentage: 56 %
Starting points: Nocito (track), Lúsera.
Route type: Loop trail
Physical difficulty: High
Technical difficulty: Very high
Water sources: Nocito.
Recommended season: All year round.
Sierra de la Gabardiella (1.696 m) is one of the wildest and less known mountains around Guara.
Its rugged slopes turn this massif to an adventurous and inaccessible terrain, where bikers should be extremely cautious to avoid accidents. But this harshness is offset by trails and landscapes unusually beautiful, with amazing views of Tozal de Guara, Fragineto and Cienfuens cliffs.
This route combines a tough ascent by singletracks to Mesón de Sescún with softer climbs by paved and unpaved roads leading to two impressive descents: the one from Collado de las Paúles to Belsué dam is long, tough and a bit risky, while the downhill section from Pardina Orlato to Nocito is pure enjoyment by good slick rocks.
C/Parque 36 2ºA Huesca (Huesca)974 229 870
Hotel Pedro I de Aragón
Calle del Parque, 34. Huesca (Huesca)974 220 300
690 679 915
- Mesón de Sescún.
- Collado de las Paúles.
- Sierra de Gabardiella.
- Cienfuens cliffs.
- Cienfuens and Belsué dams.
- The singletrack climbs to Mesón de Sescún and Collado de las Paúles are tough and both of them have some hike-a-bike sections.
- Most of the route has no phone net and is almost inaccessible in case of accident or fatigue. Please be careful!
- It’s important to bring enough water cause there are no springs in the route and the terrain is quite harsh.
- Descending from Collado de las Paúles to Belsué dam is quite difficult, with lots of loose rocks and some points exposed to big falls. It’s advisable to be cautious in all the descent and to walk the most difficult parts of it in case of doubt.
- There are green signposts of the Natural Park in the main crosses.